WEDNESDAY 22ND JANUARY – 1st episode
THE DOBBS LOSE HOPE Tyrone and Fiz are horrified to discover the back door unlocked and Hope gone. Fiz reckons Jade must have taken her. The police search Jade’s house but there’s no sign of her and Jade insists she knows nothing about Hope’s disappearance. Reminded of her John Stape hell Fiz is convinced Jade is keeping Hope a prisoner in her attic. Breaking into Jade’s house she finds no sign of Hope but does discover a bag containing clothes, passports and one way ferry tickets to France. Has Fiz lost Hope for good?
TIM’S THWARTED BY CHARLIE’S DEMANDS Tim’s shocked to find Charlie on his doorstep. Charlie explains that she’s lost both her jobs, is completely skint and he can forget about the divorce as she can’t afford the legal fees. Intimating she’s entitled to half his wealth, Tim’s thrown into panic.
RAY MANAGES TO UPSET BETHANY Bethany’s convinced she’s going to get the manager’s job at the bistro so is gutted when Alya reveals that Ray has made her the new manager.
ELSEWHERE At the hospital the police reveal they’ll be stationing a car outside No.5 twenty four hours a day in case of further attacks. Chesney and Gemma are horrified whilst Bernie and Paul are awash with guilt. Maria attends her 12 week scan and is relieved to hear the baby is doing well.
WEDNESDAY 22ND JANUARY – 2nd episode
FIZ GOES TOO FAR IN HER SEARCH FOR HOPE Fiz shows the police the passports and ferry tickets, convinced Jade has abducted Hope. Back at the house Fiz finds Jade there without Hope, assuming the worst she picks up a chopping board and hits her over the head with it. Tyrone walks in to find Jade out cold on the floor and Fiz standing over her.
BETHANY SEES A NEW SIDE TO RAY Ray explains to Bethany that he chose Alya over her because of her experience and offers Bethany the job of Head Waitress. Bethany’s underwhelmed, confiding in Carla that she finds Ray a bit sleazy. Carla tells her how Ray came onto Michelle and then made her sign a gagging order. Bethany’s appalled.
TIM’S FORCED TO GO BEGGING Charlie returns to No.4 with her bags and explains she’s been evicted. Tim’s horrified as he’s forced to tell Abi that Charlie is his wife and he doesn’t know how to get rid of her. Tim calls at Kevin’s with some beers, however when it becomes clear that Tim is simply after a loan to get shut of Charlie, Kevin chucks him out.
ELSEWHERE Scared to go home in case of a repeat attack, Gemma’s chuffed when Freshco offer to put them up in a hotel. Gemma urges Paul to put his ordeal with Kel behind him for everyone’s sake. As Maria and Gary proudly show off their scan photo, Sarah and Adam make snide remarks.
- Alison King as Carla Connor
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Ellie Leach as Faye Windass
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Sally Ann Mattews as Jenny Connor
- Rob Mallard as Daniel Osbourne
- Samuel Robertson as Adam Barlow
- Lucy Fallon as Bethany Platt
- Sian Reeves as Charlie Wood
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Mark Frost as Ray Crosby
- Charlie De Melo as Imran Habeeb
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Sally Carman as Abi Franklin
- Alexandra Mardell as Emma Brooker
- Tina O’Brien as Sarah Platt
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter
- Jane Hazlegrove as Bernie Winter
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Macy Alabi as Ruby Dobbs
- Lottie Henshall as Jade Rowan
- Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs
- Isabella Flanagan as Hope Stape
- Jennie Mcalpine as Fiz Stape
- Michael Le Vell as Kevin Webster
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Battersby
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Connor
- Amy Searles PC Carson
- Yasmin Steadman as PC Edmondson
- Chloe Ewart as PC Fox
- David Campbell as PC Windsor
- Joyce Veheary as Sonographer
Coronation Street airs at 7.30 then 8.30pm on ITV.