WEDNESDAY 25TH MARCH – EPISODE ONE
DAVID FINDS A WAY TO MOVE ON Masking his devastation, David tells Maria that Shona’s done him a favour asking for a divorce as it’ll allow him to move on. Finding a dejected Alina in Victoria Garden, David sits down and offers her a beer. Alina takes it and it’s clear there’s a spark between them. Before she can stop him, David texts Nick claiming Alina’s ill and needs the rest of the day off. Emma confides in Seb that she’s concerned about Alina who seems to be avoiding them.
ALYA IS GIVEN HOPE FROM ZEEDAN Geoff surreptitiously makes another appointment with Rachel the escort. A despondent Alya reveals to Ryan that Zeedan is getting married but he’s not inviting the family. Ryan reckons this could be their opportunity to get Yasmeen away from Geoff and urges Alya to call Zeedan back and tell him they’re coming whether he likes it or not.
BERNIE FORCES GEMMA TO SEEK HELP When Gemma tries to wriggle out of seeing the doctor, Bernie threatens to tell Chesney everything. Bernie explains to Dr Gaddas that Gemma’s not sleeping and that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
ELSEWHERE Charles is outraged to discover Ken has smuggled a dog into his apartment and issues a fine. Evelyn summons Claudia for another makeover and tells her that she’s meeting Arthur later.
WEDNESDAY 25TH MARCH – EPISODE TWO
SEB CAN’T STAY OUT OF ALINA AND DAVID’S BUSINESS In the Rovers, David and Seb row. When David accuses him of being jealous over Alina Seb sees red and punches David. Emma’s horrified. Upset, Emma tells Seb that it’s clear he still has feelings for Alina and he needs to find somewhere else to stay. Nick urges David not to give up on his marriage. David breaks down in tears.
BERNIE STRUGGLES TO HELP GEMMA Gemma plays down her depression and assures Dr Gaddas she’s just overly tired. Bernie’s frustrated by her daughter’s refusal to accept help, berating Gemma for failing to tell the doctor that she’s suffering from postnatal depression. Chesney wants to know what they’re rowing about, will Bernie reveal the truth?
ALYA TRIES TO GET YASMEEN AWAY Alya and Ryan tell Yasmeen that Zeedan is getting married in Spain and has invited them to the wedding. When Geoff asserts they can’t abandon the restaurant, Alya explains he’s not on the guest list. Having summoned Alya to No.6, Geoff takes great pleasure in announcing that he too will be attending the wedding and has booked a hotel. Alya’s seething.
ELSEWHERE Arthur walks Evelyn home and telling her how much he enjoyed their date, suggests they do it again. Ken confronts Charles over the extortionate fine.
- Alexandra Mardell as Emma Brooker
- Antony Cotton as Sean Tully
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsey
- Christine Mackie as Dr Gaddas
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter
- Harry Visinoni as Seb Franklin
- Ian Bartholomew as Geoff Metcalfe
- Isabella Flanagan as Hope Stape
- Jack P. Shepherd as David Platt
- Jane Hazlegrove as Bernie Winter
- Jennie Mcalpine as Fiz Stape
- Macy Alabi as Ruby Dobbs
- Malcolm Hebden as Norris Cole
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Michael Elwyn as Charles Moore
- Michael Le Vell as Kevin Webster
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Paul Copley as Arthur Medwin
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Peter Gunn as Brian Packham
- Richard Hawley as Johnny Connor
- Rula Lenska as Claudia Colby
- Ruxandra Porojnicu as Alina Pop
- Ryan Prescott as Ryan Connor
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Sally Carman as Abi Franklin
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Connor
- Shelley King as Yasmeen Nazir
- Sue Cleaver as Eileen Grimshaw
- William Roache as Ken Barlow
Coronation Street airs at 7:30 and 8:30 on ITV.