FRIDAY 22ND MAY
LEANNE AND STEVE ARE GIVEN REASONS TO HOPE A desolate Leanne confides in Toyah that she doesn’t know which is worse; not knowing what’s wrong with Oliver or finding out it’s something terrible. Leanne apologises to Nick and they make up, united in their concern for Oliver.
EDISON REALISES HIS MISTAKES When Don makes yet another racist remark, Michael can’t believe that his Dad just takes it on the chin and points out that fights are never won by people who give up. As the bistro opening party gets underway, Don continues in front of the whole family. Ed’s had enough and challenges him, as the room falls silent Ed explains he’s suffered racist abuse all his life, but he’ll never give up the fight to put a stop to it.
Back at home Michael assures Tianna that there’s no place in this world for racism and he’ll do everything he can to make it a better place for her. In the Rovers, Dev shares his own experiences at the hands of racists. Meanwhile, uncomfortable around his own Dad, James slinks out, more convinced that his only option is to quit football as people will never accept him for who he is. Aggie tells Ed that she’s proud of him for standing up to Don but wishes she could be proud of the way he is with James too. At No.3 Ed offers James a heartfelt apology for the way he’s behaved, assuring him that deep down he couldn’t be prouder. Will father and son finally be reunited?
- Writer – Ian Kershaw
- Director – Lee Trevor
- Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsley
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter
- Ellie Leach as Faye Windass
- Emmanuel Cheetham as Oliver Battersby
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Battersby
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Jeremiah Cheetham as Oliver Battersby
- Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan
- Kate Spencer as Grace Vickers
- Lorna Laidlaw as Aggie Bailey
- Mark Frost as Ray Crosby
- Michael Le Vell as Kevin Webster
- Nathan Graham as James Bailey
- Navaeh-Mae Maloney as Tianna Vickers
- Philip Broadbent as Don
- Ryan Russell as Michael Bailey
- Sally Carman as Abi Franklin
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Simon Gregson as Steve McDonald
- Trevor Michael Georges as Ed Bailey
Coronation Street 7:30pm on ITV.