- Writer: Simon Crowther/Steven Fay
- Director: Neil Alderton/Nickie Lister
WEDNESDAY 14TH OCTOBER – 1ST Episode
IT’S TODD’S FUNERAL Eileen tells Todd she’s scraped together £1300 so he can pay off Mick and get on with his life. However Mary has other ideas and shows Eileen a hearse complete with a coffin and flowers depicting Todd’s name. George reveals his plan to stage a mock funeral so Mick will think Todd’s dead. As Mick arrives will Eileen go along with the hoax?
GARY UPS THE STAKES As the Platts prepare for Audrey’s belated 80th birthday party, Gary shows Kevin a letter he’s received increasing the rent on the furniture shop. Kevin is forced to admit he sold the premises to Ray Crosby. Surveying David’s sinkhole, Gary offers to put him in touch with a specialist company but when David lets slip how Ray offered to buy the house, Gary’s mind is a whir. At the bistro Gary tells Ray to double his offer and they’ve got a deal. Will Ray agree?
TYRONE WORRIES ABOUT EVELYN Tyrone’s puzzled when Evelyn and Arthur return back early from the Lakes with a story full of holes.
ELSEWHERE Scott orders Johnny to meet him to talk him through his plan. Johnny tries to object but Scott makes it clear he won’t take no for an answer.
WEDNESDAY 14TH OCTOBER – 2ND Episode
TODD PUTS EILEEN IN DANGER Todd lets himself into No.11 and starts searching for Eileen’s cash but when Mick arrives Todd hides as Mick reveals to Eileen that he and Todd were lovers but Todd stole from him. Hearing a noise, Mick realises Todd is upstairs and holds the Grimshaws at gunpoint.
GARY IS A THORN IN RAY’S SIDE Having left Ray to sweat, Gary tells him that whatever his game is, he’s not playing ball and the factory isn’t for sale. Ray ups his offer to £400k. As Maria puts pressure on him to accept will Gary agree?
SHONA WONDERS WHAT SHE DID WRONG Having turned up with a load of random guests she met at the cafe, Shona’s confused as David throws them out and tells everyone the party is cancelled.
ELSEWHERE Scott tells Johnny that his job is to drive the getaway car and if he doesn’t comply, he’ll blab to Jenny. Evelyn tells Arthur she’s sorry she ruined their trip with her sleeping arrangements and if he’ll give her another chance, he can ditch the inflatable mattress. Arthur’s taken aback. Saying goodnight he secretly heads to the hospital.
- Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs
- Alison King as Carla Connor
- Antony Cotton as Sean Tully
- Darwin Taylor as Builder
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Gareth Pierce as Todd Grimshaw
- Helen Worth as Gail Rodwell
- Jack P Shepherd as David Platt
- Julia Goulding as Shona Platt
- Mark Frost as Ray Crosby
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Michael Le Vell as Kevin Webster
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Neil Bell as Mick Chaney
- Patti Clare as Mary Taylor
- Paul Copley as Arthur Medwin
- Richard Hawley as Johnny Connor
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Connor
- Sue Cleaver as Eileen Grimshaw
- Tina O’Brien as Sarah Barlow
- Tom Roberts as Scott Emberton
- Tony Maudsley as George Shuttleworth
Coronation Street airs on ITV at 7:30 and 8:30.