Doctors: S21E157 – Risk Averse
Wednesday 25 November 2020
BBC One: 13:45
- Produced by Simon J Curtis
- Written by Mark Clompus
- Directed by David Lewis Richardson
- Valerie’s jealousy starts to get out of hand while Al has problems of his own and Karen and Rob get an emergency call from Social Services.
- When a young woman is injured, Sid finds himself in real danger when he responds to the 999 call.
Valerie is still feeling jealous of Emma flirting with Aashiq and accuses her of being a greedy bisexual.
Meanwhile, Karen is stressed because Rob isn’t answering his phone – she tells Valerie that they have been asked to take on an emergency foster case and encourages her to apologise to Emma – there are bigger things going on in the world.
Rob finally calls Karen back and they rush over to the Social Services office where they learn that the brother and sister in need have been through a recent trauma.
Al asks Lily how she is and hears that her Mum is very upset about the possible cancer diagnosis. She asks if they can shop for an engagement ring tomorrow lunchtime, it would mean a lot. Al says he can’t – Bear has asked him to do something. Al then goes straight to Bear and asks him to move him to the Campus tomorrow, so he can more easily get away with his lie. Bear suggests that Al is going to have to keep doing this, running interference to put her off.
Sid and Paramedic Liv Church knock repeatedly on the door of a house. They smell cannabis and Liv is getting annoyed when a cardiac arrest is reported nearby.
- Ashley Rice as Dr Sid Vere
- Chris Walker as Rob Hollins
- Dex Lee as Bear Sylvester
- Dido Miles as Dr Emma Reid
- Ian Midlane as Dr Al Haskey
- Jan Pearson as Karen Hollins
- Lily-Mae Evans as Ella Robson
- Luke Vernon as Kevvo Miller
- Max True as Tom Robson
- Melanie Ash as Liv Church
- Montana Manning as Samya Mahmoud
- Sarah Moyle as Valerie Pitman
- Verity Rushworth as Lily Walker