Wednesday December 23rd 7:30pm – 8:00pm
- Writer – Emily Gascoyne
- Directer – Matt Hilton
GARY TRIES TO KEEP HIS SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET The police call at the salon flat and haul Gary in for questioning regarding the disappearance of Rick Neelan. Maria’s horrified. The police interview Gary and reveal that they’ve found evidence that a body was buried in the woods and that it might have been that of Rick Neelan. Gary denies any wrongdoing and assures the officer that he knows nothing about Rick’s disappearance. Sarah confides in Daniel that rumour has it that Gary murdered Rick.
LEANNE TRIES TO PLAY HAPPY FAMILIES As an excited Nick heads out to pick up Sam for a visit, Leanne does her best to remain upbeat. Nick and Sam return to the flat to find that Leanne has cooked them Christmas dinner, decorated a tree and wrapped Sam’s presents. Nick’s touched by her kindness. Over their Christmas dinner, Nick assures Sam that he’ll visit him in London as often as he can and they’ll do the museums together. Leanne returns home but when she spots Sam playing with Oliver’s musical box, she freaks out causing Sam to feel guilty.
DAVID AND SHONA PREPARE FOR LIFE APART When Nina reveals the family portrait she’s drawn of David, Shona and the kids, Shona tearfully explains that they’ve broken up. Nina feels terrible. In the Rovers, David confides in Daisy that he and Shona are breaking up. Daisy is secretly pleased. Gemma calls in the pub and introduces herself to Daisy, claiming that they’re practically sisters through their relationship with Jenny. Daisy’s decidedly unimpressed.
CHESNEY AND KIRK LOSE THE CHRISTMAS MONEY Chesney, Gemma and Kirk set up their stall at the Christmas market but it’s soon clear Gemma’s sales skills are sadly lacking and Chesney orders her to take a break. Chesney and Kirk celebrate a successful afternoon on the stall, but their elation is short lived when they discover their stock has been stolen and with it, the cash tin.
ELSEWHERE Paul confides in Todd that he can’t go on lying to Billy and intends to tell him all about Will. Todd makes Paul promise to leave his name out of it.
- Andrew Whyment as Kirk Sutherland
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsley
- Charlotte Jordan as Daisy Midgeley
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter
- Gareth Pierce as Todd Grimshaw
- Jack P Shepherd as David Platt
- James Quinn as DS Willets
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Jude Riordan as Sam Blakeman
- Julia Goulding as Shona Platt
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Rob Mallard as Daniel Osbourne
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Connor
- Tina O’brien as Sarah Barlow