Wednesday January 6th 7:30pm–8:30pm
- Writer – Mark Wadlow/Mark Burt
- Director – Vicky Thomas
ABI FLOATS A NEW IDEA TO THE PROTESTORS Abi’s determined to take action and arrives on a float, using a loudhailer to spread the word about evil Ray. As she yells defamatory statements about him he makes a discreet phone call. Craig is sent to disperse the protest but, in the ensuing commotion, belligerent Abi throws the loudhailer, hitting him in the face.
GRACE CAUSES A BUMP IN THE ROAD FOR THE BAILEYS When the paternity test reveals Michael is the father of Grace’s baby he tracks her down at the hospital and attends her 20-week scan. Moved to see his unborn child, Michael pledges to support Grace, much to Aggie’s horror.
LEANNE REACHES OUT FOR HELP Struggling to sleep a dishevelled Leanne calls the doctors to request sleeping pills. But when she refuses an appointment, a concerned Dr Gaddas calls at the flat and is taken aback by the state of the place.
RAY THINKS THE RESIDENTS DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH David’s outraged to discover No.8’s locks have been changed. Meanwhile Tim’s dismayed when Ray reveals the Hale Barns project has been put on ice indefinitely so the Metcalfes can’t move but must still vacate No.4. As Tim and Sally fear being made homeless, Abi’s sure there must be someone with the ammunition to stop Ray. Faye listens in turmoil.
MICHAEL’S CONFLICTED BY AGGIE’S SUGGESTION Faced with Aggie’s scepticism, Michael produces the paternity test result. Branding the situation a nightmare, Aggie urges Michael to apply for sole custody of his child since Grace has proved she’s not fit to be trusted.
LEANNE GETS WHAT SHE NEEDED Leanne admits to Dr Gaddas she’s been pretending to be in France. Seeing her anguish, Dr Gaddas arranges sleeping tablets and an appointment. Desperate for sleep, Leanne takes two pills and lies down on the sofa.
ELSEWHERE When Alina tells Tyrone that she can’t find an affordable flat, he politely invites her to stay at No.9. Thrilled, Alina accepts, leaving Tyrone regretting his hasty offer. Jenny asks Imran to postpone Johnny’s sentencing due to his health but Imran confirms it’s not serious enough to be granted a delay. Simon and Kelly bond over their parent trouble and arrange a date. As Johnny continues to try to shut Jenny out ahead of his sentencing she’s worried to discover his eyesight is failing. When Evelyn reveals she’s considering moving to Canada with Arthur, Tyrone’s upset. Will Evelyn choose love? Simon tries to calm a hysterical Kelly when he catches her trying to break into Gary’s shop, wanting justice for her dad.
- Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs
- Alex Bain as Simon Barlow
- Alison King as Carla Connor
- Christine Mackie as Dr Gaddas
- Colson Smith as Craig Tinker
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Donnaleigh Bailey as Jess Heywood
- Ellie Leach as Faye Windass
- Harry Visinoni as Seb Franklin
- Helen Worth as Gail Rodwell
- Jack P Shepherd as David Platt
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Kate Spencer as Grace Vickers
- Lorna Laidlaw as Aggie Bailey
- Mark Frost as Ray Crosby
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Michael Le Vell as Kevin Webster
- Millie Gibson as Kelly Neelan
- Nathan Graham as James Bailey
- Paul Copley as Arthur Medwin
- Richard Hawley as Johnny Connor
- Ruxandra Porojnicu as Alina Pop
- Ryan Russell as Michael Bailey
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Sally Carman as Abi Franklin
- Sally Dynevor as Sally Metcalfe
- Sue Devaney as Debbie Webster