Monday February 8th 2021
- Writer – Mark Wadlow
- Director – Neil Alderton
LEANNE STRUGGLES TO LOOK FORWARD When Nick suggests lunch in the bistro, Leanne agrees, determined to make more of an effort for Simon’s sake. Over lunch in the bistro, Leanne lies to Nick, making out that Imran’s keeping her job open for her and they’re fine for money. Simon keeps his counsel. Leanne heads to Victoria Garden and gazes at Oliver’s apple tree lost in misery.
SHONA MAKES A BID TO HELP DAVID Having failed to secure a mortgage, David and Shona are at their wit’s end. Steve returns from the Peak District and is shocked to find out that Tracy intends to buy No.8. Meanwhile Shona approaches Audrey and asks her if she can lend them the money to buy No.8 but Audrey reminds her that David stole from her. Spotting a telecommunications engineer crouching in front of an open cabinet with all the wires hanging out, Shona has an idea and disconnects all the wifi. Will her plan work? Tracy and David head out onto the street, both furious that the wifi is down, Shona announces that it’s her doing as she wanted to stop Tracy from buying their house.
BAD NEWS SENDS JOHNNY SPIRALLING When fellow prisoner Joe, asks him for a game of pool, Johnny declines, too wrapped up in his own problems. Joe’s disappointed. When Johnny finds out from Gary that Joe took an overdose in his cell he’s horrified, realising that Joe’s request for a game of pool was actually a cry for help.
- Alex Bain as Simon Barlow
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsley
- Chris Campbell as Prison Officer
- Jack P Shepherd as David Platt
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Jude Riordan as Sam Blakeman
- Julia Goulding as Shona Platt
- Kate Ford as Tracy McDonald
- Luke Halliwell as Joe Chissick
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Richard Hawley as Johnny Connor
- Sally Carman as Abi Franklin
- Simon Gregson as Steve McDonald
- Sue Devaney as Debbie Webster
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts