Monday 22nd February 2021
- Writer – Julie Jones
- Director – Pip Short
PETER PIECES TOGETHER THE TRUTH Unnoticed by Carla or Lucas, Peter heads out deeply upset. Carla calls at No.1 for her overnight bag to find Peter wallowing in self-pity. Unaware that he overheard her conversation with Lucas, Carla’s bewildered to see him so down. Jenny persuades Carla to join her for a glass of wine and send Sarah to the business meeting in Harrogate in her place. But when a tipsy Carla receives a call from Peter, she declines it and sends him a text making out she’s in Harrogate as planned. Adam calls at No.1 to keep watch over Peter. When he reveals that Carla ducked out of the Harrogate trip and sent Sarah instead, Peter realises she lied to him. Peter calls Carla again.
YASMEEN’S DROWNING IN DEBT Alya opens the pile of final demands with mounting concern. Alya resolves to seek professional advice, worried that the stress could tip her Gran over the edge. When Imran reminds Alya that Yasmeen has yet to settle her legal fees, Alya realises that her Gran’s financial problems are worse than she could have imagined. Alya tells Yasmeen that she’s made an appointment at the bank tomorrow and their only hope is to explain how Geoff forced her into taking out the debts.
STEVE AND TIM DRIVE EILEEN CRAZY George gives Steve and Tim a practise run at driving the hearse to see who’s best. After a hair-raising ride with Steve at the wheel, a shaken George asserts it’s Tim’s turn. Having got the funeral gig, Tim performs a victory dance. When Eileen reminds him it’s a serious job, Tim and Steve take the mickey, aware that she fancies George.
ELSEWHERE Jacob provides Simon with the latest phone and explains it’s a perk of the job. When Jacob suggests Simon should sample the drugs himself, Simon’s unsure.
- Alex Bain as Simon Barlow
- Alison King as Carla Connor
- Ashley Hope Allan as Crystal Webber
- Charlie De Melo as Imran Habeeb
- Charlotte Jordan as Daisy Midgeley
- Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow
- Glen Wallace as Lucas Kempton
- Jack James Ryan as Jacob Hay
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Paula Wilcox as Elaine Jones
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Samuel Robertson as Adam Barlow
- Shelley King as Yasmeen Metcalfe
- Simon Gregson as Steve McDonald
- Sue Cleaver as Eileen Grimshaw
- Tony Maudsley as George Shuttleworth