Doctors: S22E08 – Helping Hands
Monday 1 March 2021
BBC One: 13:45
- Produced by Simon J Curtis
- Written by Bill Armstrong
- Directed by Jennie Paddon
Nurse Luca ruffles some feathers during his first day at the Mill. Daniel is called to campus to help two protesters out of a sticky situation.
A charming woman has an enticing proposition for Valerie.
After sleeping through his alarm, newcomer Luca arrives late on his first day at the Mill. Karen, still reeling from what happened with the Robson children, is rather unwelcoming, leaving Luca with a bad impression of her.
Meanwhile, Daniel is called to campus to help two protesting students who superglued themselves to a building. The girls, Anita and Maisie, bicker about their protest, but refuse to tell Daniel what they’re actually protesting against. Daniel is unimpressed with their behaviour, and tells them they need to think their actions through.
Valerie’s gutted when she hears the teambuilding sports day has been replaced by a go-kart derby instead. She feels unappreciated and forgotten, but perks up when Janine approaches her. Full of charm, Janine tells Valerie she could be a star in hand modelling and hands her a business card.
- Adrian Lewis Morgan as Dr Jimmi Clay
- Anna Martine Freeman as Janine Aitken
- Bharti Patel as Ruhma Carter
- Dex Lee as Bear Sylvester
- Elisabeth Dermot Walsh as Dr Zara Carmichael
- Hannah Khalique-Brown as Anita Chandola
- Ian Midlane as Dr Al Haskey
- Jan Pearson as Karen Hollins
- Matthew Chambers as Dr Daniel Granger
- Ross McLaren as Luca McIntyre
- Sarah Moyle as Valerie Pitman
- Silvia Presente as Maisie Wilson