The fourth series opens with the discovery of a dismembered body in a scrap metal yard, which the team believe has been stored in a domestic freezer for thirty years. A unique Millwall Football Club tattoo leads to the victim being identified as Matthew Walsh, a young man in his mid-twenties who went missing in March 1990.
Andrews is still unconvinced that there is enough evidence to tie four police officers to the Walsh murder. But with Fogerty dead, Cassie believes the only way to determine the truth is to interview the passengers of his car on the night in question.
Cassie arrives in Cambridge and interviews Liz who claims not to recognise either Walsh or Fogerty. In the Peak District, an agitated Fiona tells Sunny that she doesn’t recognise the victim but has a vague recollection of Fogerty. Interviews with Ram and Dean draw a similar blank. This leaves the team with a lot of unanswered questions: they still don’t know if Walsh died on the night of 30th March and there is no concrete connection between him and the occupants of Fogerty’s car.
Boulting discovers that Walsh was given a police caution three weeks before his disappearance – could this provide a connection with any of the suspects?
The team try to relocate the rest of the body and Cassie wants mobile phone data to see if any of the four have contacted each other.
- Alec Newman as Mark
- Alessandro Babalola as Mustafa
- Alice Sykes as Claire
- Amanda Douge as Janet
- Andy Nyman as Dean Barton
- Cameron Jack as Spt Paul Copley
- Carolina Main as DC Fran Lingley
- Charles Dale as Chief Constable Robin
- Clare Calbraith as Anna
- Colin R. Campbell as D. Spt Andrews
- Daniel Flynn as Geoff Tomlinson
- Darcey Hogan as Molly
- Harry Baxendale as Sam
- Jassa Ahluwalia as Adam Stuart
- Jordan Long as DS Murray Boulting
- Karishma Navekar as Dr Shabia
- Katie Jarvis as Lucy Myers
- Lewis Reeves as DC Jake Collier
- Liz White as Fiona Grayson
- Lucy Speed as Marnie Barton
- Michelle Bonnard as Sal
- Mina Andala as Eugenia
- Nicola Walker as DCI Cassie Stuart
- Peter Egan as Martin Hughes
- Phaldut Sharma as Ram Sidhu
- Pippa Nixon as DC Kaz Willets
- Rory Averdieck as Jack Barton
- Sanjeev Bhaskar as DI Sunny Khan
- Sheila Hancock as Eileen
- Susan Lynch as Liz Baildon
- Writer – Chris Lang
- Director – Andy Wilson
- Producer – Guy De Glanville
Unforgotten continues Tuesday 9th March at 9pm on ITV.