Doctors: S22E19 – Firty-Fifty
Thursday 18 March 2021
BBC One: 13:45
- Produced by Dawn Coulson-Beckett
- Written by Olly Perkin
- Directed by Merlyn Rice
Daniel has a final chance to persuade Maisie to end the hunger strike as Jimmi finds out some disturbing news about the university. Luca tries to help two sisters who are at odds over how to care for their father as he struggles with worsening dementia.
Daniel warns Maisie that her body is in danger of shutting down if she doesn’t end the hunger strike, which has no way of succeeding anyway.
Meanwhile, Matthew, the pro-vice chancellor, is suffering from the stress of the student protests and seeks help from Jimmi, who offers to counsel him. Jimmi’s efforts to calm Matthew down don’t work but he does reveal that Secuso have been bribing him so he has no choice but to see the deal through, despite knowing how wrong it is. Jimmi assures Matthew of doctor-patient confidentiality but when he leaves we see Jimmi tempted to call Daniel and reveal this disturbing truth.
Elsewhere, Zara tries to improve Al’s mood as it begins to affect his working relationship with patients but he chooses to bury his head in his online world of gaming instead.
- Adrian Lewis Morgan as Dr Jimmi Clay
- April Pearson as Chloe Shapley
- Elisabeth Dermot Walsh as Dr Zara Carmichael
- Hannah Khalique-Brown as Anita Chandola
- Ian Midlane as Dr Al Haskey
- Jason Thorpe as Matthew Portman
- Jonty Stephens as Graham Steele
- Matthew Chambers as Dr Daniel Granger
- Ross McLaren as Luca McIntyre
- Sarah Moyle as Valerie Pitman
- Silvia Presente as Maisie Wilson
- Sophie Ford as Evie Steele