Doctors: S22E20 – Menpause
Monday 22 March 2021
BBC One: 13:45
- Produced by Dawn Coulson-Beckett
- Written by Linda Thompson
- Directed by Merlyn Rice
Emma and Zara host a menopausal support group and learn as much about their own experiences and friendship as the other women.
Emma and Zara hold a support group for women going through the menopause, with attendees Nicky, Esther and Sadiqa. Sadiqa is quiet, having nearly left the meeting at her husband’s request, and makes notes throughout, for an academic research study. Zara is sure that Sadiqa is hiding something personal but Emma is frustrated that she has listened to the women’s private experiences without announcing that she was taking notes on them.
- Dido Miles as Dr Emma Reid
- Elisabeth Dermot Walsh as Dr Zara Carmichael
- Helene Maksoud as Esther Waterman
- Marina Manoharan as Dr Sadiqa Anwar
- Wendi Peters as Nicky Connelly