Phycological thriller starring Emily Watson as dedicated forensic psychiatrist, Emma Robertson, who is assigned to work with Connie Mortensen, a wife and mother accused of a despicable crime. Her assessment of the ‘yummy mummy monster’s’ sanity will determine whether Connie faces life in jail, life in a secure psychiatric hospital, or the chance of rehabilitation and release.
Emma hopes that the high-profile case will make her career, but her sessions with Connie quickly become a complex psychological game of cat and mouse with confusing sexual undercurrents. Connie has a searing insight into Emma’s insecurities and brutally exploits them.
It isn’t clear whether she is hoping to manipulate Emma to gain her freedom, or simply toying with Emma for her own entertainment, as she probes into Emma’s own dark past.
Emma gradually starts to understand what drove Connie to her crime, but it also seems that she may be getting too close to a woman who is beyond redemption – can Emma see to it that justice is done without destroying herself in the process?
Too Close is about a powerful – but dangerous – closeness between two women.
A Snowed-In Productions for ITV.
Psychological mini-series starring Emily Watson as dedicated forensic psychiatrist, Emma Robertson, assigned to assess the sanity of Connie Mortensen, a woman accused of a despicable crime.
Emma learns the truth behind Connie’s actions and confronts her own demons, but will it be enough to convince a jury Connie is no longer a danger to society?
- Writer – Clara Salaman
- Producer – Letitia Knight
- Director – Sue Tully
- Adrian Hood as Kenneth Baines
- Ariyon Bakare as Dougie Thompson
- Chizzy Akudolu as Addy Smith
- Denise Gough as Connie Mortensen
- Eileen Davies as Julia De Cadenet
- Emily Watson as Dr Emma Robertson
- Gina Fillingham as Carol Baker
- Henry Helm as Josh
- Isabelle Mullally as Annie
- Islah Abdur-rahman as Nav
- Jackie Clune as Leah Worthington
- Jamie Sives as Karl Mortensen
- Karl Johnson as James De Cadenet
- Madeleine Demetriou as Abigail Robertson
- Nathalie Armin as Prosecution
- Nina Wadia as Dr Anita Rhys Evans
- Ris Knowles as Jenny
- Risteárd Cooper as Si Robertson
- Thalissa Teixeira as Vanessa Jones
- Thea Barrett as Polly
The final episode of Too Close airs at 9pm on ITV.