When primary school teacher Gemma Hillman goes missing, DC Martin Young and his surveillance partner Stella arrive to set up their surveillance post in the home of single mum Zoe and her daughter Caitlin. They are watching Gemma’s boyfriend Greg Sullivan, who is prime suspect in Gemma’s disappearance.
As Martin watches the street, he uncovers a lot more than Greg’s dirty laundry when it turns out everyone living on the street is hiding their own secrets. Zoe’s initial coldness towards Martin thaws when he shows affection and guidance to Caitlin, stirring up displaced paternal yearnings that he’s missing out on with his own son, Max. And when Martin has to leave his post to help his son in need, Zoe covers for his transgression and they form an illicit bond.
After an emotional candlelit vigil for Gemma, all eyes are back on the street as Martin watches on with horror as an unexpected dilemma unfolds before him.
- Writer – Ed Whitmore
- Director – Ashley Way
- Producer – Clare Shepherd
- Alexandra Roach as Zoe Sterling
- Amy Wren as Gemma Hillman
- Andrew Hawley as Tim
- Bronagh Waugh as DC Stella Beckett
- Carlyss Peer as Sarah Young
- Catherine Tyldesley as Kate Tuckman
- Debbie Brannan as Woman
- Dominic Allburn as Carl Tuckman
- Erin Shanagher as Fiona Baker
- Fehinti Balogun as Greg Sullivan
- Hubert Hanowicz as Pavel Ludic
- Ian Puleston-Davies as Donald Vernon
- Karen Henthorn as Janice Baines
- Kila Lord Cassidy as Caitlin Sterling
- Liam Ainsworth as Man
- Lucy Chambers as Chloe Tuckman
- Marcus Garvey as DC Roly Dalton
- Nicola Holt as Nadia Bailey
- Noel Clarke as DC Martin Young
- Phil Davis as DI Liam Cox
- Phill Langhorne as Dominic Banley
- Sarah Niles as DCI Jill Conroy
- Sebastian Peters as Max Young
- Shannon Murray as Hayley Jones
- Sia Kiwa as Melissa
- Warren James Dunning as Mike
Viewpoint airs at 9pm on ITV.