Monday 17 May 2021, BBC Scotland, 10pm – 11pm
This week in Shieldinch… Sonny faces a race against time when he discovers Stevie’s dark intentions; Caitlin is conflicted when her new lawyer suggests an alarming proposition to secure her innocence; and when Amber arouses Rory’s suspicions, Alex’s patience is tested.
A dishevelled, broken and homeless Stevie reveals the mess he’s in to Sonny, who offers him a place to stay. The next morning Stevie appears more optimistic and upbeat, but he falls short in his attempts to build bridges with Scarlett.
Stevie spends the rest of the day trying to right his wrongs and make amends. On the surface it looks as though he has turned a corner, but Sonny has a sense of foreboding that he can’t shake.
As Sonny’s fears grow he faces a race against time to find Stevie – before it’s too late.
Elsewhere, Caitlin’s new defence lawyer, Laura Haynes, turns up unexpectedly. As Laura digs deeper into Caitlin’s testimony, she uncovers the perfect defence for her client: blame Maggie for Joe’s murder.
Alex and Amber unite as they try to find a way to deal with the devastating DNA news. However, when Amber visits Rory in hospital she can barely hide her discomfort. Rory grows suspicious but his siblings remain tight lipped.
Family disharmony looms large over at the Christie’s house, as Lou tries to make Eve see that Dylan is being manipulated by Cameron. As the brothers meet secretly, it’s clear that Cameron has skewed Dylan’s world view in a masterful way. Dylan later spoils for an argument with his mother, who is taken aback by his nastiness.
- Director – David McKay
- Director – Ryan Graham
- Producer – Kevin McComiskie
- Writer – Asher Pirie
- Cameron Fulton as Tyler Foulkes
- David Paisley as Rory Murdoch
- Frank Gallagher as Lenny Murdoch
- Gayle Telfer Stevens as Caitlin McLean
- Holly Jack as Nicole Brodie
- Iain Robertson as Stevie O’Hara
- Jennifer Black as Laura Haynes
- Jenny Hulse as Amber Murdoch
- Jimmy Chisholm as Sonny Caplan
- Jordan Young as Alex Murdoch
- Kathryn Howden as Maggie McLean
- Lesley Hart as Lou Caplan
- Michael Wallace as Cameron Christie
- Sally Howitt as Scarlett O’Hara
- Sean Connor as Dylan Christie
- Stephen Purdon as Bob O’Hara
- Victoria Liddelle as Eve Christie