Monday 29th August 2022
AADI AND KELLY’S PLAN TO GET HITCHED HITS A HITCH Aadi and Kelly learn that because they’re under 18, the Gazette competition rules require written consent from their parents or guardians. With their ‘secret’ engagement all over the Gazette, Dev, Maria and Gary are all in agreement that Aadi and Kelly are far too young to get married. As Dev and Aadi row over Kelly’s background, Dev grabs Aadi causing him to fall and hit his head. Telling Dev that he’s leaving for good, Aadi storms out.
BILLY’S BIRTHDAY SURPRISE STUNS SUMMER Over a slap-up lunch at Speed Daal to celebrate her 18th birthday, Billy hands Summer a letter which her Dad asked him to give her on her 18th. Summer admits to Billy she’s scared of opening the letter. Billy reveals the diabetic nurse called to confirm she is eligible for a glucose monitor, Summer’s upset that Billy and Aaron went behind her back. After a row with Aaron, Summer reads her Dad’s letter. Will it change her outlook?
SEAN’S LIFE CHANGES IN AN INSTANT Sean confides in Eileen how Dylan wants to move up here. Dylan admits that he lied about being bullied at school because he wants to live with him rather than in London. Sean agrees to speak to Violet.
ELSEWHERE Bernie assures Chesney and Gemma that she didn’t steal Joseph’s uniform. Fern returns the school uniform to Bernie and suggests that as they look so similar, maybe she can help her out. Sarah assures Stephen that she won’t let a knockback from the bank deter her and she’ll find the money some other way.
Wednesday 31st August 2022
AUDREY OPENS UP AT THE SALON REOPENING As the Platts gather for Audrey’s Salon launch party, Stephen badgers Audrey about signing for the trust fund. However he’s floored when she asserts that she’s changed her mind. Audrey admits to her family that she tried to take her own life. As she explains how she overdosed, Audrey reveals that she’s made an ordinary will giving them each equal shares with the exception of Stephen who was kind enough to say he didn’t need it.
JENNY FEARS LEO MAY BE REGRETTING HIS DECISION Leo takes up a labouring job with Ed but he’s sour about being stuck in Weatherfield. Jenny tells Leo that she doesn’t want to stand in the way of his future.
WILL AADI GIVE DEV A CHANCE Asha begs Aadi not to cut Dev out of his life as he loves him. Aadi calls at the shop and hands Dev his Mum’s engagement ring. Dev is relieved to think the engagement is off.
ELSEWHERE Toyah and Peter are busy putting the world to rights when they’re joined by Spider and Griff. When Peter lets slip that Carla is doing business with Nadeem Atallah, Griff reveals that Nadeem is notorious for his unethical working practices and this could be their chance to expose him.
Friday 2nd September 2022
JENNY REBOUNDS AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME As Jenny assures Rita it was fun while it lasted but she’ll get over Leo, Rita’s not taken in by her bravado. Meanwhile, Stephen and Sarah pour over their business plan. When Sarah reveals that Jenny is the sole owner of the pub, Stephen’s interest is piqued. Stephen turns on the charm and flirts with Jenny. A tipsy Jenny invites Stephen through to the back and handing him a drink, kisses him passionately. Having had a talking to from Rita and Gemma, Leo returns holding an engagement ring. But as Gemma heads through to the back room with Leo will they find Jenny and Stephen in a clinch?
CARLA REJECTS TOYAH’S WARNING Toyah warns Carla that by doing business with Nadeem, she could damage her reputation. When Carla reveals it’s too late, the deal is done, Sarah’s furious to realise she’s been left out of the loop again. Toyah meets up with Spider and Griff and confirms she’d like to play a part when they ambush Nadeem. But Toyah’s shocked when Spider tells her to back off.
WENDY GIVES KEN A SECOND CHANCE When Ken spots Wendy in the cafe, he invites her to see a musical with him but she gives him the cold shoulder leaving Ken bemused. As Wendy goes to settle up, she’s annoyed when Ken steps in and pays her bill. Ken assures her that he simply wants to be friends as he enjoyed her company the other evening and suggests they go for a drink. Will Wendy agree?
ELSEWHERE A proud Nick wishes Sam luck for his first day at high school. Back home Hope watches Sam slip a letter in the postbox. What is he up to? Mary does her best to drum up interest in her am dram production.
- Adam Hussain as Aadi Alahan
- Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs
- Alison King as Carla Barlow
- Andrew Whyment as Kirk Sutherland
- Antony Cotton as Sean Tully
- Barbara Knox as Rita Tanner
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsley
- Charlie Wrenshall as Liam Connor
- Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow
- Christine Dalby as Volunteer
- Colson Smith as Craig Tinker
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter
- Elle Mulvaney as Amy Barlow
- Gabrielle Glaister as Fern Lindon
- Gareth Pierce as Todd Grimshaw
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Habeeb
- Harriet Bibby as Summer Spellman
- Helen Worth as Gail Rodwell
- Isabella Flanagan as Hope Stape
- Jack P. Shepherd as David Platt
- James Craven as Aaron Sandford
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Jane Hazlegrove as Bernie Winter
- Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan
- Joe Frost as Leo Thompkins
- Jude Riordan as Sam Blakeman
- Julia Goulding as Shona Platt
- Kirsty Armstrong as Ellie
- Liam Mccheyne as Dylan Wilson
- Lisa George as Beth Sutherland
- Martin Hancock as Spider Nugent
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Michael Condron as Griff Reynolds
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Millie Gibson as Kelly Neelan
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Paddy Bever as Max Turner
- Patti Clare as Mary Taylor
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Peter Gunn as Brian Packham
- Robert Shaw Cameron as Laurence Reeves
- Roberta Kerr as Wendy Papadopoulos
- Ryan Prescott as Ryan Connor
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Sally Carman-duttine as Abi Webster
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Connor
- Samuel Robertson as Adam Barlow
- Sue Cleaver as Eileen Grimshaw
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts
- Tanisha Gorey as Asha Alahan
- Tina O’Brien as Sarah Barlow
- Todd Boyce as Stephen Reid
- Trevor Michael Georges as Ed Bailey
- William Roache as Ken Barlow
Coronation Street airs hour-long episodes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8pm on ITV.