Monday 5th September
SPIDER THINKS TOYAH DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH Roy, Nina and Toyah warn Carla about the protest and urge her to take a closer look at Nadeem’s business practices. With the protest underway, Nadeem arrives at the factory, where apologising Carla confirms that the deal is off. The police arrive but as Craig urges the protestors to disperse, Griff rallies the crowd. As Carla and Nadeem emerge, Spider watches in horror as Griff pulls out a bottle and hurls it, hitting Craig on the head. Griff’s arrested whilst a terrified Toyah finds herself caught up in the melée.
STEPHEN’S EX DEMANDS HE PAY HER BACK Sarah tells Stephen that she’s arranged a meeting with a couple of potential investors. However Stephen’s shaken when his wife, Gabrielle, arrives on the street, telling him she wants the £200,000 euros back that he stole from her company or she’s going to the police!
DAISY’S SHOCKED BY JENNY’S KISS Daisy returns from a weekend away. Jenny confesses to Daisy that she snogged Stephen.
TIM REVEALS THE NOT SO HARD TRUTH TO STEVE Jenny is feeling the pressure as she meets with the pub’s charity football team, knowing the Flying Horse are looking for revenge. At Tim’s suggestion, Jenny enlists the help of James to give the team some coaching. Meanwhile when Peter catches Tim hiding from Trina in the cab office, he confides that Trina’s his sex therapist and that since his heart op, he’s suffered from impotence. How will Peter react?
ELSEWHERE Sam does a class presentation about chess. When one boy, Owen, tells Sam how much he enjoyed it Sam offers to teach him later. Oblivious to Owen’s sarcasm, Sam sets up at the café. Ken and Wendy rehearse their audition scene for the play. As Tracy enters, she’s horrified to hear Wendy delivering the line “Just as I love you” and rails at Wendy for canoodling with Ken.
Wednesday 7th September
THE MATCH ENDS WITH A HEART STOPPING FINALE As James puts the Rovers team through their paces, Dev gives a pre-match pep talk. But when Tim misconstrues his words and thinks Dev’s making a dig at his impotence, he accuses Peter of betraying his confidence and storms out. With little choice, James agrees to step in. As they set off, Aggie spots a glum Tim and invites him for a brew. As Tim opens up to Aggie, the match kicks off. The Flying Horse take the lead but with only minutes remaining, James gives the game his all, putting the Rovers in front, but suddenly he collapses. Ed rushes across the pitch frantically calling an ambulance as Michael performs CPR on James.
CARLA FEARS GRIFF IS BAD NEWS Carla’s unimpressed to see Griff chatting to Toyah. Griff lies and asserts that he wasn’t the one who threw the bottle and he doesn’t condone that sort of behaviour. Carla’s further worried when she finds Griff lecturing Peter about his conspiracy theory on big pharma companies. But when Carla makes it clear that she disapproves of him fraternising with Griff.
STEPHEN PREPARES TO BREAK AUDREY’S TRUST Stephen lets himself into No.8 and taking out the trust fund papers, practises Audrey’s signature. Suddenly Audrey appears, has she caught Stephen in the act?
ELSEWHERE At Hope’s suggestion, Sam makes out he loves gaming and invites Jack and Liam round after school. But as the kids embark on a football computer game, Sam remarks that it’s pointless as it requires no skill or strategy, Liam and Jack look at him in disbelief. As Sam does his best to make conversation with Jack and Liam, it’s clear he finds it difficult and when they quiz him about the letters he writes, Sam’s quick to change the subject. Brian, Wendy and Mary discover they all have parts in the am dram production, whilst Ken and Evelyn failed to make the grade.
Friday 9th September
TOYAH AND SAIRA FACE OFF Saira approaches Toyah in the street and accuses her of murdering Imran so that she could be with her new boyfriend. Toyah assures her that’s not true but Griff steps in as Saira refuses to let it go. Griff suggests they teach Saira a lesson by letting the tyres down on her gas guzzling car. Spider warns Toyah that with her trial looming, she’d best not get involved, especially when Griff shows Spider a petrol canister and suggests they torch Saira’s car instead. Spider begs Toyah to cut ties with Griff, revealing he’s in love with her and his marriage is over. As they kiss on the balcony, agreeing to keep their relationship under wraps until after the trial, a furious Saira stares up at them.
JAMES NEEDS AN OPERATION James is told he has a condition called cardiomyopathy and will be fitted with an ICD to prevent further cardiac arrests. As James is wheeled away to theatre, Aggie breaks down.
KELLY PLAYS THE BIG SISTER With Liam and Jake fighting over the Xbox, Kelly suggests they watch videos on her laptop instead. But when they spot she’s been researching Gretna Green, she quickly changes the subject. Having heard about Gretna Green, Maria’s adamant they need to put a stop to Kelly’s crazy plan. But Gary warns her that if they try to stop Kelly marrying Aadi, they could end up driving her away for good.
ELSEWHERE In a bid to impress, Sam turns up at Jalena’s party sporting a football top and trainers. Jalena reveals she has no interest in football and was going to suggest they meet up for a game of chess, but now he’s into football she’s invited John instead, Sam’s crushed. In Speed Daal, Zeedan surveys the empty bookings diary, worrying that Stu’s reputation is ruining the business. As Stu heads home, two lads harrass him in the street, branding him a murderer, Roy tells Zeedan about the attack on Stu.
- Adam Hussain as Aadi Alahan
- Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs
- Alison King as Carla Barlow
- Antony Cotton as Sean Tully
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsley
- Bill Fellows as Stu Carpenter
- Bobby Bradshaw as Jake Windass
- Charlie Andrew as Jon
- Charlie Wrenshall as Liam Connor
- Charlotte Jordan as Daisy Midgeley
- Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow
- Colson Smith as Craig Tinker
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter
- Elle Mulvaney as Amy Barlow
- Emma Williams as Trina Kerrison
- Gemskii as Referee
- Geoffrey Newland as Dr. Handley
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Habeeb
- Helene Maksoud as Gabrielle Reid
- Isabella Flanagan as Hope Stape
- Jack Carroll as Lad 1
- James Craven as Aaron Sandford
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Jane Hazlegrove as Bernie Winter
- Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Joe Frost as Leo Thompkins
- Jude Riordan as Sam Blakeman
- Julia Goulding as Shona Platt
- Kammy Darweish as Nadeem Atallah
- Kate Ford as Tracy Mcdonald
- Keane Sudworth as Lad 2
- Kim Vithana as Saira Habeeb
- Kyrah Wallace as Jalena
- Kyran Bowes as Jack Webster
- Lorna Laidlaw as Aggie Bailey
- Martin Hancock as Spider Nugent
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Michael Condron as Griff Reynolds
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Millie Gibson as Kelly Neelan
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Nathan Graham as James Bailey
- Patti Clare as Mary Taylor
- Peter Gunn as Brian Packham
- Qasim Akhtar as Zeedan Nazir
- Richard Elis as Nigel Kipling
- Roberta Kerr as Wendy Papadopoulos
- Ryan Russell as Michael Bailey
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Connor
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts
- Tanisha Gorey as Asha Alahan
- Thomas Platt as Owen
- Tina O’Brien as Sarah Barlow
- Todd Boyce as Stephen Reid
- Trevor Michael Georges as Ed Bailey
- Vicky Myers as D.s. Swain
- Vinta Morgan as Ronnie Bailey
- William Roache as Ken Barlow
Coronation Street airs hour-long episodes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8pm on ITV.