In the final visit of the week to Coronation Street, tensions run high as Gemma finds herself overwhelmed with the responsibility of looking after a room full of kids. As Daniel and Michael reluctantly leave Bertie and Glory at No.5 for the day, Gemma’s exhaustion becomes apparent, leaving her questioning her ability to cope.
Chesney fills Bernie in on Gemma’s antidepressants, prompting Bernie to step in and offer her assistance for an hour. Sensing Gemma’s need for a break, Bernie kindly offers to take over while Gemma heads to the café. However, things take a dramatic turn when Beth confronts Gemma, berating her for slacking off. Overwhelmed by the criticism, Gemma rushes home, her eyes welling up with tears.
As Gemma briefly rests her eyes, unaware of the unfolding chaos, young Bertie curiously rummages through her bag and stumbles upon the pack of antidepressants. Meanwhile, Daniel and Daisy make an unexpected entrance, only to find Gemma asleep on the sofa. Their shock turns to horror when they discover that Bertie has consumed the tablets!
Leanne grants Ryan the opportunity to work behind the scenes to boost his confidence. She suggests that Ryan should secure a new wine contract, and he eagerly takes on the task. In his pursuit of a favorable deal, Ryan engages in flirtatious banter with the wine supplier, Rose, over the phone. However, things take an unexpected turn when Rose delves into Ryan’s social media and begins to wonder about his relationship status. Ryan is caught off guard by the inquiry, especially when Leanne praises his efforts and reveals that Rose intends to visit!
Stephen confides in Dr. Gaddas about his concerns. Worried that Elaine may be suffering from depression and refusing to seek help, Stephen plants a seed of worry in Sally’s mind. Sally, deeply concerned for Elaine’s mental health, shares Stephen’s fears with Tim, urging him to change his attitude for the sake of his mother.
In another gripping storyline, Adam reveals his struggle to trust Sarah to Daniel. Unsettled by her interactions with Owen, Adam’s anxiety reaches its peak when he learns that she is at the Chariot Square Hotel with him. Fueled by his emotions, Adam heads to the hotel bar, ready for a confrontation that could escalate into a full-blown fight.
Also, can Billy and Paul can find a way to reconcile and move past the recent turbulent events that have shaken their relationship?
- Alison King as Carla Barlow
- Andrew Whyment as Kirk Sutherland
- Ben Hull as Owen
- Charlotte Jordan as Daisy Midgeley
- Christine Mackie as Dr Gaddas
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter-Brown
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Jane Hazlegrove as Bernie Winter
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Katie Elin-Salt as Rose
- Kaya Brady as Dr Shardlow
- Lisa George as Beth Sutherland
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Paula Wilcox as Elaine Jones
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Rob Mallard as Daniel Osbourne
- Ryan Prescott as Ryan Connor
- Ryan Russell as Michael Bailey
- Sally Dynevor as Sally Metcalfe
- Sam Aston as Chesney Winter-Brown
- Samuel Robertson as Adam Barlow
- Tina O’Brien as Sarah Barlow
- Todd Boyce as Stephen Reid
Coronation Street airs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8pm on ITV1