WEDNESDAY 11TH MARCH 1st EPISODE
ALI RESORTS TO DESPERATE MEASURES Ali assures Ryan that he didn’t take any diazepam and that Gary, or someone hired by Gary, must have spiked his drink. Ryan’s convinced Ali’s in denial. Convinced that Gary is trying to kill him, Ali resolves to prove it. Ryan despairs. Spotting Ali sitting in his car, Maria climbs into the passenger seat and quizzes him about his overdose. Maria’s horrified when Ali locks her in and tells her how he suspects Gary spiked his drink. As Maria pulls fruitlessly at the door handle, Ali starts the car.
ALYA REALISES GEOFF IS HER HARSHEST CRITIC When Alya spots the same spelling mistake in the new menus Geoff has done as in some of the bad reviews on line it finally dawns in it that it was Geoff all along. Sick of being cooped up in the house, Yasmeen reckons it’s time she returned to work. But Geoff’s quick to dissuade her and suggests she cooks him a nice lunch at home instead. As Yasmeen and Geoff sit down to lunch, Alya marches in and presenting them with the evidence, suggests Geoff is the author of the nasty online reviews.
JAMES TAKES MATTERS INTO HIS OWN HANDS When Aggie reveals that they’ve had several calls from newspapers wanting to get his side of the story, James is beside himself. The County Manager and Press Officer call at No.3 to discuss his options promising that he has their full support.
NINA FEELS LEFT OUT When an excited Nina tells Carla how they’re meeting the group later to put up the bat boxes, Roy lies and tells her the meeting’s cancelled. Nina’s hugely disappointed. Having discovered the bat meeting hasn’t been cancelled at all, Nina wonders if Roy’s ashamed to be seen with her.
WEDNESDAY 11TH MARCH 2nd EPISODE
JAMES PLEADS THE FIFTH James lies to his Manager and Press Officer and assures them he’s not gay. The Press Officer advises him that if that’s the case, he’d be best to say nothing. James joins his family in the pub and reveals that he told his Manager that he’s not gay. Ed’s relieved whilst Aggie and Michael worry that he’s living a lie.
ALI FIGHTS FOR THE TRUTH A terrified Maria begs him to stop but Ali continues to drive the car erratically. When he finally stops and lets her out Maria returns home and hugging Gary tight, tells him about her terrible ordeal and how Ali reckons it was him that spiked his drink. How will Gary react?
YASMEEN’S STUCK IN THE MIDDLE Geoff denies that he’s responsible for the nasty and to Alya’s annoyance, Yasmeen sides with Geoff and insists he would never write nasty reviews about his own restaurant. Geoff points out to Alya that it’s clear they can’t work together and suggests she sells her share of the business to him and Yasmeen. Alya tells him where he can stick his suggestion.
ELSEWHERE Nina confronts Roy who admits he was simply trying to spare her feelings. Having stacked the bat boxes in the Woodie, Roy and Nina head off for an evening’s bat watching. Ken calls on Steve and Tracy with a view to delaying the sale of No.1. However their excitement is evident and Ken can’t bring himself to let them down.
- Alison King as Carla Connor
- Beverley Callard as Liz Mcdonald
- Bob Cryer as Manager
- Charlie De Melo as Imran Habeeb
- Christine Mackie as Dr Gaddas
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Elle Mulvaney as Amy Barlow
- Eva Scott as Police Officer
- George Bukhari as Press Officer
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Battersby
- Ian Bartholomew as Geoff Metcalfe
- James Burrows as Ali Neeson
- Kate Ford as Tracy McDonald
- Lorna Laidlaw as Aggie Bailey
- Mark Frost as Ray Crosby
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Nathan Graham as James Bailey
- Richard Hawley as Johnny Connor
- Rula Lenska as Claudia Colby
- Ryan Prescott as Ryan Connor
- Ryan Russell as Michael Bailey
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Connor
- Shelley King as Yasmeen Nazir
- Simon Gregson as Steve McDonald
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts
- Trevor Michael Georges as Ed Bailey
- William Roache as Ken Barlow
Coronation Street airs at 7:30 and then at 8:30 on ITV.