Doctors: S21E139 – Sustenance
Monday 8 June 2020
BBC One: 13:45
- Produced by Carol Harding
- Written by Dale Overton
- Directed by Steve M Kelly
Zara has a bright idea on how to broadcast that they have a vacancy.
Ruhma is in for a shock when she discovers why Ayesha isn’t at the Mill.
When a lonely old man loses the will to live, Jimmi gives his son some food for thought.
Ruhma takes Tanya and her baby to the Mill when it appears she has developed some jaundice.
Ruhma catches up with Karen and is shocked to learn that Ayesha has left.
Bear tells Daniel and Zara that he is really struggling to find a replacement for Ayesha. Zara has a bright idea and invites herself on Emma’s radio show where she broadcasts that the Mill has nursing vacancy. Daniel is furious with her, thinking they look incompetent and will get unsuitable applicants.
Frustrated carer Amy prepares Leonard’s breakfast as he is indignant about picking up and taking his pills, she alarmed to discover he’s not been eating his breakfast. Alone Leonard heads to the Campus to inform Valerie that he has his pills but to his annoyance Jimmi insists on seeing him and is concerned about Leonard’s memory if he keeps forgetting to take his pills.
Leonard confesses to Jimmi that he has little left to live for now, his life has become boring.
- Adrian Lewis Morgan as Dr Jimmi Clay
- Bharti Patel as Ruhma Carter
- Dex Lee as Bear Sylvester
- Dido Miles as Dr Emma Reid
- Elizabeth Dermot Walsh as Dr Zara Charmichael
- Jan Pearson as Karen Hollins
- Leila Mimmack as Tanya Rees
- Martin Fisher Anthony Beauford
- Matthew Chambers as Dr Daniel Granger
- Paige Round Amy Croft
- Paul Moriarty as Leonard Beauford
- Sarah Moyle as Valerie Pitman