Doctors: S21E138 – Stepping Stones
Friday 5 June 2020
BBC One: 13:45
- Produced by Carol Harding
- Written by Henrietta Hardy
- Directed by Steve M Kelly
As the news about Ayesha sends shockwaves throughout the Mill, she has to face some tough goodbyes.
Rob searches for a runaway teenager who thinks she has killed her mother.
Ayesha is suitably surprised by the party and gets a chance to say her farewells.
Bear surprises Ayesha with a visit. He admits he really likes her but he doesn’t see how she will have enough time for a relationship and long distance isn’t really his thing. Trying to cover her upset Ayesha agrees with him and the both look utterly miserable as they say goodbye
Fifteen year old Jessie is fighting with her mum Claire who tired from a long nursing shift shouts at Jessie for the mess she has left on the bathroom floor and calls her selfish. Jessie yells that she hates her and wishes she was dead.
Zara interrupts Bear watching Ayesha’s piece to camera on the BAME donor campaign film to schedule a partners meeting to discuss recruiting a new nurse.
As Ayesha packs doubts start to creep in, however a surprise visit from Sid cheers her. The two reminisce about the ups and downs of their friendship and Ayesha sheds a tear as he leaves.
- Adrian Lewis Morgan as Dr Jimmi Clay
- Ashley Rice as Dr Sid Vere
- Caitlin Fitton as Jessie Mortimer
- Chris Walker as Rob Hollins
- Dex Lee as Bear Sylvester
- Dido Miles as Dr Emma Reid
- Elizabeth Dermot Walsh as Dr Zara Charmichael
- Ian Midlane as Dr Al Haskey
- Kate Baines as Claire Mortimer
- Laura Rollins as Ayesha Lee
- Sarah Moyle as Valerie Pitman