Monday January 4th – 7:30pm–8:00pm
- Writer – Jonathan Harvey
- Director – Duncan Foster
RAY KEEPS HIS COUNCIL In the factory the residents watch the council planning meeting via live link. Debbie puts forward a strong case for the development, while Roy gives an impassioned speech to save their community. With the meeting over, the Chairperson announces that the committee has found in Ray’s favour and the development can go ahead. As Ray and Debbie congratulate each other, the residents are horrified to find letters stuck to their front doors informing them that they have two weeks to vacate their properties before the demolition boys move in.
GARY’S OUT OF IDEAS Gary lies in his police cell, knowing there’s no way out of his predicament.
EVELYN GETS THE WRONG END OF THE STICK Evelyn battles her feelings for Arthur. When she sees him approaching a bunch of flowers, she’s quick to tell him he can shove his romantic gestures. However, when she finds out from George that Arthur’s wife’s funeral took place today and the flowers were for her, she’s awash with guilt.
ELSEWHERE Michael is shocked to find Grace on the doorstep, explaining she’s just out of prison. Assuring Michael that the baby she’s carrying is his, she suggests a paternity test.
- Alison George as Chairperson
- Colson Smith as Craig Tinker
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Ellie Leach as Faye Windass
- Jack P Shepherd as David Platt
- Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Kate Spencer as Grace Vickers
- Mark Frost as Ray Crosby
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Melanie Hill as Cathy Matthews
- Michael Le Vell as Kevin Webster
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Paul Copley as Arthur Medwin
- Peter Gunn as Brian Packham
- Ryan Russell as Michael Bailey
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Sally Carman as Abi Franklin
- Sally Dynevor as Sally Metcalfe
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Connor
- Sue Devaney as Debbie Webster
- Tony Maudsley as George Shuttleworth