Wednesday January 27th 2021
- Writer – Jayne Hollinson
- Director – Becky Wild
CARLA FORCES PETER TO CONFRONT HIS DEMONS Sweating and shaking, Peter sits down and pens a letter to Simon. He then tells Carla he’d like to draw a line under their feud and he forgives her for sleeping with Adam. Carla’s relieved but when she sees Peter’s notebook, she’s horrified to realise it’s a suicide letter to Simon. Peter insists it’s not a suicide note, but a farewell letter as he’s come to accept that he’s dying. On a mission, Carla drags Simon round to No.1 where to Peter’s horror she reads out the letter. As a shaken Simon heads out, Carla begs Peter to save himself before it’s too late.
GAIL’S PUTTING ON HER TOP HAT Gail confides in Nick that she’s traced Fanny from the photo who it turns out is her great great grandmother and she’s arranged to meet up with someone called Top Hat who claims Fanny is their great great grandmother too. Gail joins Audrey in the Rovers, who’s delighted to be having a drink with Archie’s son George, but she’s stunned to discover that Top Hat is none other than George himself.
DEBBIE GETS AN UNWELCOME VISIT Debbie tells Sally and David the development is cancelled, their houses are safe and in David’s case, she’ll sell No.8 back to him at the original price. But where is Ray? Meanwhile having traced the emergency call about Abi to Debbie’s phone, the police demand some answers.
ELSEWHERE When Paul reveals that he’s looking forward to an evening at Speed Daal with Billy, Todd forms a plan. As Billy and Paul sit down to dinner, Ajay arrives and thanks them for inviting him and Todd along. Billy’s quietly furious. Grace moves into No.3. Aggie and Grace snipe at each other until Michael steps in orders them to make an effort.
- Alex Bain as Simon Barlow
- Alison King as Carla Connor
- Andrew Whyment as Kirk Sutherland
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsley
- Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Gareth Pierce as Todd Grimshaw
- Harki Bhambra as Ajay Dewan
- Helen Worth as Gail Rodwell
- Jack P Shepherd as David Platt
- Kate Spencer as Grace Vickers
- Lorna Laidlaw as Aggie Bailey
- Martin Walsh as DS Tyler
- Nathan Graham as James Bailey
- Patti Clare as Mary Taylor
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Ryan Russell as Michael Bailey
- Sally Carman as Abi Franklin
- Sally Dynevor as Sally Metcalfe
- Sue Devaney as Debbie Webster
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts
- Tony Maudsley as George Shuttleworth