The fourth series opens with the discovery of a dismembered body in a scrap metal yard, which the team believe has been stored in a domestic freezer for thirty years. A unique Millwall Football Club tattoo leads to the victim being identified as Matthew Walsh, a young man in his mid-twenties who went missing in March 1990.
When a headless and handless body is found in a North London scrapyard, the team led by Sunny are called to investigate. They suspect the body was illegally dumped, perhaps transported inside a white goods item. This is confirmed when pathologist Leanne Balcombe finds that the dismembered corpse had been frozen.
The body is identified as one Matthew Walsh who went missing 30 years before and we start to meet four people who may be connected with his disappearance. In the Peak District, therapist Fiona Grayson, in Cambridge, high flying career woman Elizabeth Baildon, in Rochester, businessman Dean Barton and in Southall, expectant father Ram Sidhu. Boulting and Lingley find out that Walsh was last seen on 30th March 1990 and start to try and track down his next of kin.
Meanwhile, Cassie’s plans to retire are thwarted and she is forced to return to work just as her father Martin’s early dementia appears to be getting worse.
The team discover that the body had been transported in a freezer purchased by a recently deceased man, Robert Fogerty who had a police record for a traffic offence the same night that the victim disappeared and that there were four other people in the car with him.
- Alastair Mackenzie as John Bentley
- Alec Newman as Mark
- Alice Sykes as Claire
- Amanda Douge as Janet
- Amanda Wilkin as Nurse
- Andy Nyman as Dean Barton
- Carolina Main as DC Fran Lingley
- Clare Calbraith as Anna
- Colin R. Campbell as D. Spt Andrews
- Daniel Flynn as Geoff Tomlinson
- Darcey Hogan as Molly
- Georgia Mackenzie as Leanne Balcombe
- Harry Baxendale as Sam
- Indira Joshi as Riya Sidhu
- Janet Dibley as Jenny
- Joel Morris as Nigel Taziker
- John Ashton as Alan Hamilton
- Jordan Long as DS Murray Boulting
- Lewis Reeves as DC Jake Collier
- Liz White as Fiona Grayson
- Lucy Speed as Marnie Barton
- Michelle Bonnard as Sal
- Mina Andala as Eugenia
- Nicola Walker as DCI Cassie Stuart
- Peter Egan as Martin Hughes
- Phaldut Sharma as Ram Sidhu
- Ronny Jhutti as Bal Sidhu
- Rory Averdieck as Jack Barton
- Sanjeev Bhaskar as DI Sunny Khan
- Sheila Hancock as Eileen
- Steve North as Ray Melling
- Susan Lynch as Liz Baildon
- Terry Alderton as Terry Melling
- Writer – Chris Lang
- Director – Andy Wilson
- Producer – Guy De Glanville
Unforgotten series 4 begins Monday 22nd February at 9pm on ITV.