Tuesday 4 May 2021 7.00pm – 7.30pm
- Writer – Sharon Marshall
- Director – Tim Royle
Jealous Meena, already suspecting that there’s a spark between David and Leyla, spots David heading over to see Leyla. David continues to stall Leyla, until Leanna gives him the signal that Liam’s ready to propose. As Leyla and David platonically part ways, Meena rages to see them so close. Thinking that Leyla is trying to steal David, Meena rudely interrupts Liam’s attempted proposal to Leyla. When Pollard points out to David that Liam’s proposal doesn’t appear to be going to plan, David explains to Meena that the reason he spent the morning with Leyla was to give Liam time to prepare for his proposal, inadvertently blowing the surprise. Liam’s upset that his proposal has been ruined but realising the lengths Liam went to propose to her, Leyla suggests he try again. After he delivers a speech from the heart, she’s overjoyed and says ‘Yes!’. As Liam and Leyla celebrate their engagement, David and Meena’s relationship is looking less stable.
Mandy encourages Lydia to apply for a Pupil Liaison Officer job at a local school after the success of her counselling session with Vinny.
Liv’s guilt over Paul’s death intensifies
After realising her brooch is missing Brenda begins to suspect that she and Pollard have been robbed.
Jimmy explains to Nicola that he thinks their marriage might have run its course.
- Bradley Johnson as Vinny Dingle
- Christopher Chittell as Eric Pollard
- Isobel Steele as Liv Flaherty
- Jonny McPherson as Liam Cavanagh
- Karen Blick as Lydia Dingle
- Lawrence Robb as Mackenzie Boyd
- Lesley Dunlop as Brenda Walker
- Lisa Riley as Mandy Dingle
- Matthew Wolfenden as David Metcalfe
- Mimi Slinger as Leanna Cavanagh
- Natalie J. Robb as Moira Dingle
- Nick Miles as Jimmy King
- Nicola Wheeler as Nicola King
- Paige Sandhu as Meena Jutla
- Rebecca Sarker as Manpreet Sharma
- Roxy Shahidi as Leyla Harding