Sunday 25th December 2022
FIZ ISN’T DRIVING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS Fiz opens her Christmas present and is disappointed to discover a box of chocolates and a keyring. Tyrone shares a secret grin with the girls. As Tyrone, Hope and Ruby descend the stairs in their wedding outfits intent on surprising Fiz, they find a note on the table informing them that she’s gone to buy a turkey. In a panic, Tyrone calls Fiz’s phone, only to find she’s left it at home. As Chesney and Gemma instruct him to head to the hotel while Bernie and Dev wait for Fiz, Fiz’s car breaks down on a country road. Realising she has no phone, Fiz sets off on foot to look for a phone box as Tyrone tells the guests it looks like the wedding is off. As they head to the Rovers to tuck into the buffet, has Tyrone’s surprise spectacularly backfired? Fiz stops a passing walker, Chris, and explains her predicament. Will he help?
THE FESTIVE CHEER DOESN’T LAST LONG AT No.8 Audrey, Gail, Nick, David, Shona, Leanne, Max, Sam and Toyah sit down to Christmas lunch in the bistro. Max unwraps his present and is thrilled to find a state of the art editing package. But when David makes a joke about Griff, Max leaps to his defence and storms out. David regrets his remarks.
KEN AND JENNY DECIDE TO HELP DANIEL PROPOSE Jenny confides in Ken how Daniel was planning to propose to Daisy but the engagement ring was stolen in the burglary. Ken’s left thoughtful. Can Daniel pull off his proposal after all?
ELSEWHERE His sofa plans up in smoke, George wonders where they’re all going to sit and what on earth he can give Eileen for Christmas. Todd forms an idea. Tim’s thrilled with his present from Sally. Elaine insists Stephen joins her for a glass of wine. Realising he has little choice, Stephen paints on a smile.
Monday 26th December 2022
STEPHEN’S LIES CATCH UP WITH HIM As Tim senses that Elaine’s feelings for Stephen are not reciprocated, Stephen calls at No.8 with the gift she gave him. Assuming it’s for his birthday, David’s underwhelmed to discover a hip flask and showing Gail brands it a very stingy present from someone who’s supposedly so wealthy. When Gail then spots Elaine buying a bottle of whisky for the hip flask she bought Stephen, Gail voices her suspicions to Nick who vows to get to the bottom of it. As Elaine hands over the whisky to Stephen, Gail reveals that she’s spoken to Gabrielle and he’s got some explaining to do.
DAVID AND MAX REACH BREAKING POINT When David spots Griff being pally with Max at the Christmas market, David loses his temper and tries to drag Max away, but telling David he hates him, Max announces that he’s moving in with Griff. David reels.
TODD CAN’T MASK HIS FEELING Laurence suggests to Sean they have a trip away. But when Todd sees Laurence surreptitiously send a text he’s suspicious. As Sean announces that he and Dylan are off to the Peaks with Laurence, Eileen and George clock Todd’s jealousy.
DANIEL AND DAISY ARE DIVIDED Daisy scrolls through her socials, but it’s clear Daniel doesn’t approve which upsets Daisy. Amy shows Daniel one of Daisy’s posts raising breast cancer awareness and points out that not all social media is the work of the devil.
ELSEWHERE Sam finds Hope listening to her John Stape cassette and talking to her dead Dad. Confiding in Sam about how it’s her way of getting to know him, Hope makes Sam promise to keep schtum.
Wednesday 28th December 2022
SARAH IS REPLACED AT THE FACTORY As Sarah tells Stephen her business venture is all set to go once he provides the funding, Stephen squirms. Bigging it up to Elaine, he suggests rather than lending him the money, she should invest directly through Sarah. Revealing she knows all about their plans, Carla has it out with Sarah. Furious, Sarah drags Michael out, announcing they both resign. But when Stephen confesses he can’t find the cash, Sarah’s gutted. Elaine says she’d like to invest but her house sale has fallen through. With little choice Sarah and Michael return to the factory and beg Carla to give them their jobs back. Will Carla agree? Jenny reveals that Teddy called from Canada and has some new information regarding Leo, Stephen masks his inner turmoil
TODD MAKES A PASS AT LAURENCE Sean, Dylan and Laurence return from their night in the Peaks having enjoyed themselves. Alone, Laurence tells Todd that it’s clear he doesn’t like him and would welcome a chance to change his mind. Todd thaws over a bottle of wine and when Laurence goes to leave Todd leans in for a kiss. Will Laurence respond?
MAX SETTLES IN AT GRIFF’S FLAT Max is happy to help when Griff asks him to update some of their videos. Toyah warns David that Griff is a dangerous man and he needs to get Max out of his grasp. David’s shaken.
ELSEWHERE Summer calls at Mike and Esther’s house and hands them an envelope containing her wages. Esther relents and invites her in.
Roy apologises to Nina for causing her to miss her cinema trip. Nina points out if he’d use the mobile phone she got him, he could have called her.
Thursday 29th December 2022
STEPHEN FEARS TEDDY MAY BE CLOSE TO THE TRUTH When Jenny reveals that Teddy will be dropping by later to discuss what he’s found out, Stephen’s filled with dread. His day goes from bad to worse when Adam explains he’s been contacted by Six Fellas. But when he says they want to settle out of court, Stephen wonders if his luck is changing. As Teddy heads to the Rovers, clearly the worse for wear, Stephen catches him. Teddy reveals that Leo never arrived in Canada, the texts he sent came from Weatherfield and he intends to break the news to Jenny. But as Teddy crosses the street, he’s hit by a van. Nick clocks the accident with horror as Teddy lies unconscious in the road.
TODD FINDS NEW INFORMATION ABOUT LAURENCE Todd apologises to Sean for coming onto Laurence but insists their flirting was mutual, Sean loses his temper. Laurence confides that it’s the anniversary of Lindsey’s death, he still feels guilty for marrying her and must buy her parents some flowers. Todd finds Mary and Rita discussing the death of Laurence’s wife and how it was big news at the time. Todd’s intrigued.
SUMMER IS FORCED TO FACE BILLY Touched by their kindness, Summer tells Mike and Esther she’s prepared to talk to their solicitor about surrogacy. But when Billy arrives at the house, having received a call from Esther, Summer’s shocked to see him. What will he make of her decision?
ELSEWHERE Carla’s disappointed when Peter reveals he’s agreed to work on New Year’s Eve.
Friday 30th December 2022
IS STEPHEN IN THE CLEAR As Teddy lies unconscious in the road, Jenny hurries over. Have all Stephen’s problems been solved?
TODD HAS HIS OWN THEORY ABOUT LAURENCE Todd does some research into the death of Laurence’s wife, Lindsey, coming up with his own conclusion.
WILL SUMMER & BILLY REUNITE Summer is forced to talk to Billy, will he support her decision?
ELSEWHERE Nina tells Roy how much easier life would be if he’d embrace technology and use his new smartphone.
- Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs
- Alison King as Carla Barlow
- Andrew Whyment as Kirk Sutherland
- Antony Cotton as Sean Tully
- Barbara Knox as Rita Tanner
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsley
- Bill Fellows as Stu Carpenter
- Brooke Malonie as Lily Platt
- Cait Fitton as Lauren Bolton
- Carl Blakeley as Ollie Deacon
- Channique Sterling-Brown as Dee-Dee Bailey
- Charlie Wrenshall as Liam Connor
- Charlotte Jordan as Daisy Midgeley
- Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow
- Christopher Hollinshead as Pc Brady
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter
- Elinor Coleman as Driver
- Elle Mulvaney as Amy Barlow
- Ellie Leach as Faye Windass
- Gareth Pierce as Todd Grimshaw
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Habeeb
- Grant Burgin as Teddy Thompkins
- Harriet Bibby as Summer Spellman
- Helen Worth as Gail Rodwell
- Helene Maksoud as Gabrielle Reid
- Isabella Flanagan as Hope Stape
- Jack P. Shepherd as David Platt
- James Craven as Aaron Sandford
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Jane Hazlegrove as Bernie Winter
- Jennie McAlpine as Fiz Stape
- Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan
- Jodie Prenger as Glenda Shuttleworth
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- John Biggins as Registrar
- Jude Riordan as Sam Blakeman
- Julia Goulding as Shona Platt
- Kenneth Hadley as Chris Pringle
- Kyran Bowes as Jack Webster
- Liam Mccheyne as Dylan Wilson
- Lisa George as Beth Sutherland
- Lorna Laidlaw as Aggie Bailey
- Luke Delaney as Dave Fairchild
- Macy Alabi as Ruby Dobbs
- Martin Hancock as Spider Nugent
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Michael Condron as Griff Reynolds
- Michael Le Vell as Kevin Webster
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Paddy Bever as Max Turner
- Patti Clare as Mary Taylor
- Paula Wilcox as Elaine Jones
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Qasim Akhtar as Zeedan Nazir
- Rick Bithell as Doctor
- Rob Mallard as Daniel Osbourne
- Robert Shaw Cameron as Laurence Reeves
- Rufus Morgan-Smith as Bertie Osbourne
- Ryan Russell as Michael Bailey
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Sally Carman-Duttine as Abi Webster
- Sally Dynevor as Sally Metcalfe
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Connor
- Samuel Robertson as Adam Barlow
- Savannah Kunyo as Eliza Woodrow
- Scott Anson as Reece Bolton
- Shelley King as Yasmeen Metcalfe
- Sue Cleaver as Eileen Grimshaw
- Sue Devaney as Debbie Webster
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts
- Tanisha Gorey as Asha Alahan
- Tina O’Brien as Sarah Barlow
- Todd Boyce as Stephen Reid
- Tom Lorcan as Mike Hargrave
- Tony Maudsley as George Shuttleworth
- Trevor Michael Georges as Ed Bailey
- Vanessa Hehir as Esther Hargrave
- William Flanagan as Joseph Brown
- William Roache as Ken Barlow