The fourth series opens with the discovery of a dismembered body in a scrap metal yard, which the team believe has been stored in a domestic freezer for thirty years. A unique Millwall Football Club tattoo leads to the victim being identified as Matthew Walsh, a young man in his mid-twenties who went missing in March 1990.
Boulting uncovers an incident at the Ifield Pub where police probationers used to drink that took place three weeks before Walsh disappeared. Could this provide a link to the suspects? Cassie and Sunny speak to the training officer and get his opinion on their different personalities. He believes that Ram was capable of breaking the law but the other three were less likely. He confirms that despite being from very diverse backgrounds they were all friends.
Lingley tracks down Walsh’s brother Clive who reveals that he was present on the night he died. During an interview with Cassie and Sunny, they learn that he saw his brother being chased but was too scared to go and help. He confirms that there were three men and two women in the car.
The forensic botanist finds rare plant remains on Walsh’s clothing and suggests the team check out any allotments in the area to pinpoint the site where he died. Meanwhile at the mortuary, Balcombe thinks she may have identified the cause of death as a skull fracture.
Marnie wonders why Dean didn’t tell her he was interviewed by the police while Geoff realises there’s a lot he doesn’t know about Fiona’s past.
- Writer – Chris Lang
- Director – Andy Wilson
- Producer – Guy de Glanville
- Alastair Mackenzie as John Bentley
- Andy Nyman as Dean Barton
- Carolina Main as DS Fran Lingley
- Clare Calbraith as Anna
- Daniel Flynn as Geoff Tomlinson
- David Schofield as Clive Walsh
- Denise Black as June Marshall
- Georgia McKenzie as Leanne Balcombe
- Ian Burfield as Ian Henderson
- Jacob Lang as Casper Barton
- Jassa Ahluwalia as Adam Stuart
- Jordan Long as DS Murray Boulting
- Lewis Reeves as DC Jake Collier
- Liz White as Fiona Grayson
- Lucy Speed as Marnie Barton
- Michelle Bonnard as Sal
- Mina Andala as Eugenia
- Nicholas Goh as Jay
- Nick Raggett as Hostel Warden
- Nicola Walker as DCI Cassie Stuart
- Peter Egan as Martin Hughes
- Phaldut Sharma as Ram Sidhu
- Pippa Nixon as DC Kaz Willets
- Ronny Jhutti as Bal Sidhu
- Rory Averdieck as Jack Barton
- Sanjeev Bhaskar as DI Sunil ‘Sunny Khan
- Susan Lynch as Liz Baildon
ITV at 9pm on Monday 15 March 2021