Bernice and Wendy do their best to support Bob re his daughter’s plight. (last week Cathy was taken to hospital). Soon Manpreet and Wendy make a breakthrough in diagnosing the cause of Cathy’s symptoms, although the implications leave her concerned. Later Manpreet advises Bob that Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder might be the cause of Cathy’s suffering. Eavesdropping, Cathy is stunned to hear it could affect her for decades. Bob decides not to tell Cathy this hypothetical diagnosis until it can be confirmed. However Cathy walks in explaining she’s heard everything. When Bob tells her they’ll get through it, broken-hearted Cathy isn’t ready to hear him. Bob searches for Cathy who has disappeared. When Bob finds Cathy he does his best to reassure her, determined to support his daughter through anything.
Marlon scraps his planned birthday celebrations after his fall-out with Paddy. Meanwhile, Mary’s delighted Rhona still wants to meet the new woman in her life despite the party having been cancelled. Later in the pub, as Mary enjoys her date with Faye, Mandy hints that Paddy should make things right with Marlon. Soon Paddy calls round to apologise to Marlon. After they express their gratitude for each other, Paddy holds Marlon as if he’ll never let him go. Having Paddy’s friendship is the best birthday gift for Marlon.
Charles continues to eat humble pie over his treatment of Alex. Yet soon we see Alex’s ears prick up to overhear Manpreet’s phone call about the surgery’s drug delivery. He soon makes a furtive phone call himself.
- Dominic Brunt as Paddy Dingle
- Gabrielle Dowling as Cathy Hope
- Jane Gurnett as Faye
- Karene Peter as Naomi Walters
- Kevin Mathurin as Charles Anderson
- Lesley Dunlop as Brenda Walker
- Liam Boyle as Alex Moore
- Lisa Riley as Mandy Dingle
- Louise Jameson as Mary Goskirk
- Mark Charnock as Marlon Dingle
- Martelle Edinborough as Suzy Merton
- Rebecca Sarker as Manpreet Sharma
- Roxy Shahidi as Leyla Cavanagh
- Samantha Giles as Bernice Blackstock
- Susan Cookson as Wendy Posner
- Tony Audenshaw as Bob Hope
- Zoe Henry as Rhona Goskirk
Emmerdale airs at 7:30pm on ITV1