Doctors: S22E03 – Impressions
Thursday 18 February 2021
BBC One: 13:45
- Produced by Dawn Coulson-Beckett
- Written by Claire Bennett
- Directed by Daniel Wilson
Al receives a disconcerting phone call from his mother.
Daniel is unimpressed when Zara spreads an intimate secret around the Mill.
Al gives relationship advice to a painter and her self-medicating boyfriend.
When Daniel snaps at Emma, Zara explains to her that Daniel is having a rough morning: he’s just discovered a grey pubic hair. She asks Emma to keep this to herself, but naturally the rumour spreads like wildfire and soon everyone at the Mill is aware of Daniel’s situation.
Unamused by the staff’s relentless teasing, Daniel tells Zara he is disappointed in her.
In true midlife-crisis fashion, he suddenly turns up to the Mill with a brand-new car. Zara tells him to return it immediately, but Daniel refuses. He sold the Granger clinic, and his reward is this car. Zara is fuming.
Katrina (Jessica Murrain) is doing some reparations at the Mill when her boyfriend Dixie (Marc Pickering) shows up unannounced, telling her he’d like to take her on a picnic date. Feeling swamped by Dixie, Katrina rejects the offer and tells him she’s at work. Dixie informs her he’s also seeing one of the doctors.
During a consultation with Al, Dixie admits he’s been self-medicating with mushrooms and marihuana, and doesn’t want to go back on his regular medication. He talks to Al about his girlfriend and Al advises him to make a romantic gesture.
Misguided, Dixie asks Katrina to move in with him. Unable to process her rejection, he climbs on the roof, leading to panic at the Mill.
Meanwhile, Al is enjoying his newfound freedom: he no longer has to worry about Lily, or so he thinks! Valerie tells him he’s missed several calls from his mother. Worried something might be wrong with her, Al calls her back, only to find out that Lily is at his mother’s house.
- Adrian Lewis Morgan as Dr Jimmi Clay
- Ashley Rice as Dr Sid Vere
- Bharti Patel as Ruhma Carter
- Dex Lee as Bear Sylvester
- Dido Miles as Dr Emma Reid
- Elisabeth Dermot Walsh as Dr Zara Carmichael
- Ian Midlane as Dr Al Haskey
- Jan Pearson as Karen Hollins
- Jessica Murrain as Katrina Anderson
- Marc Pickering as Dixie Calthorpe
- Matthew Chambers as Dr Daniel Granger
- Rachel Bell as Eve Haskey
- Verity Rushworth as Lily Walker