Monday 30th January
DAVID FIGHTS FOR MAX Having received an email from Max’s solicitor, a worried David tells Gail and Stephen that they’re escalating Max’s charge to Encouragement of Terrorism. Max’s solicitor, Harriet, calls at No.8 and tells David that in her view, Max was groomed by Griff and was very much a victim. David’s pleased to have her on board and assures her that he’ll find the money for her fees as he wants the best possible defence for Max. But can they raise the funds?
HOPE PUTS HER PLAN INTO ACTION Hope confides in Sam how she intends to have her revenge for Cilla’s murder and needs his help. In the factory, Beth tells Fiz she’s sorry about Cilla, but at the end of the day, she was only a posh rat. Fiz is incensed and Carla has to step in before a fight breaks out. On Hope’s instructions, Sam reluctantly cons Maria into handing over Vin-Diesel the weasel from the barber’s. Ordering Sam to go, Hope carefully places Vin Diesel’s mouth around the skin of her arm. Hope approaches Peanut and lets out a scream. Will she get her revenge?
DAISY TRIES TO TAKE DANIEL FOR A FREE RIDE At No.1, Daisy tells Daniel and Christina how she intends to drum up some freebies for the wedding through her social marketing. At Daisy’s request, Daniel calls at Preston’s Petals and asks Tracy if she’ll provide the wedding flowers free of charge. Tracy’s seriously unimpressed. As is Christina when Daisy shows her a photo of the freebie wedding dress she’s managed to bag herself. When Daisy receives several messages on her phone from Justin asking why she blocked him she deletes them, clearly worried.
GEMMA AND CHESNEY HAVE A CHANGE OF FORTUNE Gemma accuses Chesney of putting his business venture before their wedding. Paul calls at No.5 to find Gemma swamped with kids. When Gemma explains that she’s no choice as Chesney’s blown the wedding fund on his burger project Paul tells them he wants to chip in towards the wedding if they will stop arguing.
ELSEWHERE As Nick and Leanne set the bistro up for the Boozy Night event, Damon tells them that he’ll fetch his DJ kit as it’s important to create the right vibe. Whilst Tracy, Amy and Carla knock back cocktails and discuss Max’s guilty plea, Nick’s deeply concerned to clock Damon showing Sam how to use his DJ equipment.
- Adam Little as Blake Myers
- Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs
- Alison King as Carla Barlow
- Amy Robbins as Christina Boyd
- Andrew Whyment as Kirk Sutherland
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsley
- Charlotte Jordan as Daisy Midgeley
- Cherylee Houston as Izzy Armstrong
- Ciaran Griffiths as Damon Hay
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter
- Elle Mulvaney as Amy Barlow
- Helen Worth as Gail Rodwell
- Isabella Flanagan as Hope Dobbs
- Jack P. Shepherd as David Platt
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Jane Hazlegrove as Bernie Winter
- Jennie McAlpine as Fiz Dobbs
- Jude Riordan as Sam Blakeman
- Kate Ford as Tracy McDonald
- Lesley Molony as Court Clerk
- Lisa George as Beth Sutherland
- Lyndsay Fielding as Harriet Arnold
- Macy Alabi as Ruby Dobbs
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Paddy Bever as Max Turner
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Rob Mallard as Daniel Osbourne
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Connor
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts
- Todd Boyce as Stephen Reid
Coronation Street airs Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8pm on ITV1 and ITVX