Tonight on Coronation Street, Paul wakes up in a hotel room with a pounding headache. But his hangover is the least of his worries when he discovers that Zac has stolen a whopping £800 meant for charity. The revelation leaves Paul in utter horror!
Returning home, Paul decides to come clean to Billy, relieved that he can blame his absence on passing out at a friend’s place. However, when Billy suggests using the charity money to buy a much-needed stairlift and offers to keep it safe, Paul’s reaction is far from grateful. Snap! Paul’s guilt overwhelms him, and he finally confesses to Billy about meeting up with Zac, a former flame, and how their encounter spiraled out of control due to excessive drinking. Billy is left appalled by Paul’s shocking confession.
Meanwhile, Stephen has a surprise in store for Elaine, as he arranges a wedding consultation with a personal shopper. Audrey, always by Elaine’s side, accompanies her on this exciting outing. However, the joyful mood is shattered when Tim expresses his dislike for Stephen and makes it clear that he doesn’t want an invitation to their wedding. Taking Stephen’s advice, Elaine decides to write Tim a heartfelt letter, expressing how deeply he has hurt her and how she can no longer bear the pain.
In another twist, Leanne comes to Ryan’s defense when a customer complains about his facial scars. She fiercely declares him a hero, but Ryan, catching the tail end of her outburst, rushes away, overwhelmed by the situation.
Gemma finds herself overwhelmed as Chesney heads off to work, leaving her alone to care for their five children. In a vulnerable moment, Gemma opens up to Rita, confessing her exhaustion and struggles in dealing with Paul’s illness. She even admits feeling the weight of postnatal depression once again. Rita, ever the wise friend, encourages Gemma to seek help from Dr. Gaddas, reminding her of the importance of seeking support during tough times.
- Alison King as Carla Barlow
- Anita Breheny as Jessica
- Barbara Knox as Rita Tanner
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter-Brown
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Habeeb
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Jane Hazlegrove as Bernie Winter
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Jordan Tweddle as Zac Mayers
- Paula Wilcox as Elaine Jones
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Ryan Prescott as Ryan Connor
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Sally Dynevor as Sally Metcalfe
- Sam Aston as Chesney Winter-Brown
- Sue Devaney as Debbie Webster
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts
- Todd Boyce as Stephen Reid
- William Flanagan as Joseph Brown
Coronation Street airs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8pm on ITV1