Wednesday 24th February 2021
- Writer – Cameron McAllister
- Director – Pip Short
THERE’S MORE THAN BILLS ON YASMEEN’S DOORSTEP Alya suggests to Yasemeen she should sell the community centre to pay her debts. But Yasmeen won’t hear of it. Yasmeen searches in vain for her old jewellery box and explains to Alya that she could sell some jewellery that Sharif bought her. Having found the jewellery box at work, Alya returns it to Yasmeen. They’re interrupted by a knock at the door. Alya opens the door to find two bailiffs demanding payment of debts. Alya desperately tries to persuade the bailiffs that Yasmeen isn’t responsible for the debts.
EILEEN IS FIRMLY IN THE DRIVING SEAT With Ted’s coffin centre stage in the living room, Gail confides in Audrey that she just wants Ted to have a fitting send off and hopes Eileen doesn’t mess things up. As Tim readies himself to drive the hearse, Steve enjoys winding him up. Jittery Tim announces he can’t go through with it and hurries away. Eileen leaps in the hearse and assures George she knows what she’s doing. But does she?
LEANNE SEARCHES FOR THE HAPPY MEDIUM Toyah calls round to find Leanne frantically tidying the flat. When Leanne explains that she’s booked a psychic to come round, Toyah asserts she’ll stay and hear what he has to say. Jeremy the psychic arrives at Leanne’s and, closing his eyes, makes out he’s in contact with Oliver. Toyah’s heart breaks to see Leanne so desperate.
ELSEWHERE Peter confides in Steve that he suspects Carla spent the night with her old flame Lucas. Peter confronts Carla in the factory and accuses her of spending the night with Lucas When Nina calls at No.7 for Asha, Dev goes over the top in his attempt to be welcoming. Asha and Aadi cringe, whilst Nina finds it amusing.
- Adam Hussain as Aadi Alahan
- Alison King as Carla Connor
- Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Battersby
- Helen Worth as Gail Rodwell
- Jack P Shepherd as David Platt
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Neil Moors as Bailiff
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Shelley King as Yasmeen Metcalfe
- Simeon Truby as Jeremy
- Simon Gregson as Steve McDonald
- Sue Cleaver as Eileen Grimshaw
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts
- Tanisha Gorey as Asha Alahan
- Tony Maudsley as George Shuttleworth